Monday 2 May 2016

The Woman with the Golden Sex Spatula by David Hadley

Hmmmm.  Now this is a book that would be on its own shelf in my virtual bookcase.  I have no idea why I read it (apart from I liked a previous book by this author).  It starts off with a plot device that I hate - naming places and characters after their characters (such as Norbert Trouser-Quandry and Miss Givings in places such as Little Frigging and Lower Crotchstaine Woods.)

If this book has one innuendo or one double entendre, it is in each sentence rather than each chapter.  There is a sex scene on every other page.  It is certainly not for anyone with delicate sensibilities.  However in saying all that, I got hooked. This could have been the plot for a cosy mystery.  Once I got used to all the rumpy pumpy (and there was an awful lot) I kept reading.  I did try to find a phrase other than "kept reading" for the last sentence, but all the ones I could think of could have two meanings.  As everything in this book seemed to have.

Would I recommend this book to others?  I cannot think of anyone I would.  But I enjoyed it and suggest if you want something a little more brash than usual, this might be it.


http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01EKNMIT8/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment