Saturday 17 November 2012

Creepy Christmas by Jaimie Admans

Creepy Christmas is a book allegedly aimed at the 8+ market.  Having said that, I think it's suitable for anyone who likes a good, if slightly scary and creepy (for kids), story.

I saw this promoted as a freebie, but with a forum member saying they'd love to read it and the blurb sounded interesting.  I started it late at night and had forgotten what it was the next day when I picked up my kindle and started reading it again.  I was gripped and wanted to know what was about to happen.

10 year old Kaity is upset that her parents have split up before Christmas but is creeped out by the snowmen that have appeared like a line of soldiers in all the front gardens one morning.

The story is written in first person (Kaity) perspective.  I thought the writing made Kaity seem a bit older and more mature than her 10 years.  Sometime there was a bit too much repetition in Kaity saying she wants her parents to get back together, but otherwise this was a cracking read.  I didn't want to put it down, even if I feel it's a little too far away from Christmas for me to get into the spirit quite yet.  A thumbs up from me :-)  

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009Z2QOL8/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment