Monday 15 April 2013

The Secret Diary of Alice in Wonderland, Age 42 and Three-Quarters by Barbara Silkstone

Barbara Silkstone writes what she calls "Fractured Fairytales" whereby she takes a tale and minces it up real good and  throws it out the other side.  In my opinion, the links are tenuous at best, however, the stories she writes are very enjoyable in an often frantic way.

In this story, Alice gets caught up in a world full of lawyers, mobsters, killers and strange English people.

This is frantic half the time, then a bit slow paced at others.  I was over half way through when I re-read the synopsis and half the stuff hadn't happened yet.  Sometimes Alice was a bit dumb, other times quite sneaky.  I quite often forgot that she wasn't some 20 year old, but a 40-something, which is not the norm for a chick-lit type book.  Perhaps my new heroines are double the age of my old ones.

Another fun read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003BIGFSE/?tag=jookuf-21



No comments:

Post a Comment