Thursday 25 October 2012

Friend Request by David Wailing

Friend Request is the third instalment in David Wailing's Auto series of (quite long) short stories, however you don't need to have read the others to enjoy this one.

The auto series is set a decade in the future and that particular near future is a very scary place where your life is kept on your "smart phone" and you are permanently connected.  This story is set at a party where secrets spill.

As with the other books, the tension builds up from someone just getting on with their life and then something goes wrong and you just don't know where the story could possibly go as you are not quite sure of this future.  In all the books I've felt myself getting closer and closer to the edge of my seat and reading faster and faster to find out the conclusion.

For a short story, there's a good chunk of story, you don't feel short changed.

I think I like this one best of the three so far, maybe it's because I'm now used to this new world, or maybe because the tension gets ramped up even more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0094WIX3Q/?tag=jookuf-21



No comments:

Post a Comment