Sunday 23 June 2013

Hope's Betrayal by Grace Elliot

This is a regency romance and very much the men are men and the women are looked down on, but lusted after.

The story is set around smuggling and Captain Huntley captures a smuggler, but finds out it is a girl, but of lusting after age.  This is another story about the Huntley boys.  I didn't realise this for a long time until Eulogy comes to visit.

Being a woman of the 21st century, there's a lot that I don't like about the women of those times, but I suppose it's the mark of a good storyteller that these feelings are brought forward.

Regency romance is not my genre at all, but Grace Elliot is a great storyteller and I do get dragged into the times and the story.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0084ND8ZY/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment