Sunday 2 November 2014

Guardian of the Underworld by Rachel Tetley

Jake thinks he's just an ordinary 11 year old boy.  But on his grandfather's death he finds out that his future is not going to be as ordinary as he expected.  With his new friends Arianna and Noggin he travels to a new world to fulfil 5 challenges and his destiny.

Even though this is a children's book, I thought it was well written and at times quite scary and grown up.  I was enveloped into the story from the start.

I much preferred the start of the book to the end.  It's not that there was anything wrong with the end, it's just that to me, that was the bit that would have appealed most to the intended audience.  I liked reading about Jake's "journey" rather than his destination.

I took a gamble on this book and I was well rewarded for it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LA1HGWS/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment