Friday 6 February 2015

Beneath The Boards by David Haynes

David Haynes is the master of the macabre, but this time his scary story is set in the present.  Jim is recovering from a violent attack, but his problems are just starting.

If I could have read this from behind a cushion, I'm sure I would have.  I found this to be a very creepy story.  As I spiralled into Jim's madness, I felt myself physically tensing up, only relaxing my shoulders at the end of a chapter.  David Haynes writes his stories effectively without too much waffle, yet building up all the information you need.  The terrors are implied which makes them all too real without the need for graphic gore.  Scretch will stick in my mind for some time.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00T55085S?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment