Saturday 9 May 2015

Wanted by Tim Arnot

I'd ignored this book for some time as "post apocalypse dystopian books are not my thing", but once I started reading it, it was a normal story of survival and teenage angst.  Flick meets Shea and even though she's young, sparks fly.  But is that because Shea has been shot down whilst in a flying machine ...  that surely doesn't exist in this post-technological world where old cars are pulled by horses?

Whilst this story is set in times where technology doesn't exist anymore, it's still a story that seems very true in that type of era.  It's now a hard life where every day is a struggle.

I took a chance on this and I'm glad I did as I enjoyed this.  It is obviously the first book in a series, but it was satisfactorily resolved and I don't need to read the next, but I'm sure I'll be tempted to sooner rather than later.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CVTK6Q6/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment