Saturday 9 June 2012

The Barcza Gambit by Roger Cave

This book is the first of a series of novels featuring Alec Fincham, a SBS operative.  As an introduction it was a very good story.  It seemed to start off slow and although it wasn't excitement all the way through, it kept me wanting to read it.  In fact I read from about 20% to the end in just one day.

I didn't think the book was anything special, yet it was addictive reading.   There were spelling mistakes, but I have informed the author and I might have had an earlier copy.  These didn't really take me away from the read.

Will I read more of the exploits of Alec Fincham?  Yes, I think I will.  The character was interesting and not flashy like Dirk Pitt can often be.  I'm not comparing these to Clive Custler books, more like Andy McNabb books.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004QT6ZZ0/?tag=kuffbl-21

No comments:

Post a Comment