Sunday 5 April 2015

The Butterfly Effect by Julie McLaren

This is a very tense psychological thriller.  Amy wakes up in a strange locked room after being kidnapped.  She recounts what led to her being there from her happy life to being stalked and losing her family and friends.

I read this in just two sittings, I just didn't want to put it down as I followed Any into her spiral of despair and how she planned to get out of it.  The story is told in Amy's first person, so we are introduced to her past life as she recalls it.  To me this made the story very insular and claustrophobic and kept me wanting to know more.

I'd say this is a good read, but it made me feel creeped out.  Just what a good psychological thriller should do.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00V8MZ784/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment