Sunday 2 February 2014

Beyond Belief by Helen Smith

Beyond belief is the second outing for Emily Castles.  This time she is invited to attend a conference of psychics and the like and report on it in a scientific matter.

This is a cosy mystery with some over the top characters and unlikely murders.  

I enjoyed this story but it wasn't unputdownable as I put it down and read a few books in between, although I did get back into it and then didn't put it back down until I finished it.

I like this type of story, gently comedic, with murders that aren't bloody or full of gore.  I didn't quite get why Emily was there or what she was doing or even what was in her report, but that wasn't important, she was the voice bringing things together.

This was an enjoyable gentle read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DWIGB50/?tag=jookuf-21


No comments:

Post a Comment