Tuesday 4 February 2014

Infested by Mark Faulkner

I started reading this without paying attention to the blurb as I like this author and will read whatever he writes.  The title is Infested and he writes horror.  That was all the information I had.

The story starts off quite slow and meandering as the storyteller relates his canoe trip.  I did think this went on a bit, but that just lulled me into a false sense of security as when the action started, bam, there was no stopping it.  I was practically reading this behind a cushion.  If it was a film, I'd be peeking through my fingers.

I thought this was a great little story, set in an idyllic English countryside that you just don't want to visit any more.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I82YGPW/?tag=jookuf-21



No comments:

Post a Comment