Monday 18 March 2013

Jake by Michael Cargill

Now here's a book of two halves.  This is the tale of Jake.  He's a teenage boy with two parents and a little brother.  He has a nice life, home is great, he has some friends in school, he isn't really bullied, so far so boring.  Most of this book is just Jake's day to day life.  I'm not a teenage boy and have never been, nor wanted to be, a teenage boy, so even though it was a nice read, it wasn't anything special.

The characters in this story are really well written.  Little brother Ben is just so delicious and gorgeous and I couldn't resist falling in love with him.  I loved Jake starting to really notice him and fall in love with him too.

It would, of course, be really boring if this was all this book was.  I'm still feeling the effects of reading this book a day later.  I'm not going to give any spoilers away, but it really affected me.

Michael Cargill - I hate you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BR8KHUW/?tag=kuffbl-21


1 comment:

  1. Odd as it sounds, that 'I hate you' quip at the end is what I like most about the review...!

    ReplyDelete